HP printers are important workplace devices. However, problems in them can arise frequently. Recently, many users have reported the HP printer validation failed error, due to which they are unable to use the device. This error message occurs after a power outage or a driver update. HP printer prompts this error when obstacles in the cartridge path limit its movement. Besides this, a problem like a paper jam can also cause this error.
This article will provide you with all the fixes for this HP printer problem.
Troubleshoot HP Printer Validation Failed Error
Fortunately, there are various fixes you can use to effectively eliminate the error. Let us find out more about them in the next section.
Employ the HP Print and Scan Doctor
The HP Print and Scan Doctor detects and fixes variety of printing-related problem. So, errors like printer validation failed HP can be resolved using this utility.
Just download and install this program. Use the official support.hp.com page to download the utility. When it installs, tap ‘Start’ and choose your printer. Click ‘Fix Printing’ and allow it to fix this error.
Use the HP Smart App
The HP Smart App is a mobile application that helps fix printer problems. You can use it to troubleshoot the printer validation failed problem.
- Launch the HP Smart App after downloading it from the Microsoft Store.
- Now, open it and tap the ‘Settings’ icon on the left.
- Hit ‘Diagnose & Fix.’
- The app will diagnose your printer.
- To begin the diagnosis, hit ‘Start.’
- HP Smart will recognize the issue and resolve it.
- Tap ‘Next.’
Reinstall HP printer drivers
This issue with the printer has no clear causes. As a good practice, try reinstalling the printer driver.
- Open the Run box using the combination of Windows and R keys.
- Input ‘cmd’ and press Enter.
- In the Command Prompt window, enter ‘printui.exe /s’
- Now, go to the ‘Drivers’ tab in the ‘Printer Properties’ box.
- Find your printer driver and tap to remove it.
- Press ‘OK’ after that.
- Now, choose ‘Apply’ followed by ‘OK.’
- Navigate to the HP printer website and look for the latest driver for your operating system.
- Download and install the drivers and reboot your system.
- This process will also fix related issues, as the HP printer filter failed.
Use the printer troubleshooter.
The printer troubleshooter is a utility embedded in the Windows system. It can help you eliminate various issues, including this one. To use the troubleshooter, follow these points.
- Right-tap the Start button, and from the pop-up menu, select ‘Settings.’
- Tap ‘Update & Security,’ followed by ‘Troubleshoot.’ It is present on the left pane.
- Now from the right pane, find ‘Printer’ and tap it.
- Now tap the ‘Run the troubleshooter’ option.
- As soon as you click it, this utility will begin detecting and eliminating printing issues.
- Tap the ‘Apply this fix’ option to facilitate the troubleshooting.
- When the utility finishes troubleshooting, give a print command and see if the printer validation failed error occurs.
Hard reset your HP printer.
Hard resetting is another way to resolve numerous printer problems like the validation failed error. Use these steps to properly shut down and start up your printer.
- Begin by turning on the printer.
- Once it is powered on, remove the ink cartridge.
- Now, power off the device via the power switch.
- After that, take out the printer cables from your computer.
- Now shut down your PC.
- Now turn off the wireless router if the printer is linked with it and wait for 60 seconds.
- After this time, turn on the printer.
- Load the cartridge back into the device and turn it on.
- After that, turn on the router to finish the reset process.
- Finally, print a document and see if the error has been fixed.
Read Also->HP printer not turning on
Reset your Apple printing system.
Apple users can address the HP printer validation failed error or the filter failed error by resetting their printing system. This clears the printer from the queue and also eliminates print jobs and settings from your system.
- Tap the Apple menu.
- Now, hit ‘System Preferences.’
- Tap ‘Printers & Scanners.’ You may also find this option as ‘Print & Scan.’
- Right-click inside the Printers window.
- Now, hit ‘Reset Printing System.’
- Tap ‘Reset’ or ‘OK.’
- Input your username and password.
- Then, hit ‘OK.’
- The printing system will reset.
- Turn off your printer, and after five seconds, turn it on.
- Let the printer go idle.
- Go to the Printers window on Mac.
- Hit the ‘Add’ button.
- Choose your printer and tap ‘Add.’
- The printer will take a few seconds to show in the ‘Printers’ list.
- Now, check for the error.
The HP printer validation failed error is common because of outdated drivers or a glitch in printer settings. These resolutions will cover these reasons so you can use your printing device. If you need assistance, contact a printer technical Support.