HP printers are some of the most efficient devices in the market. These printers have a touchscreen panel through which you can access all the functions. But glitches in them are also common. Many users find their HP printer touchscreen not working.
This problem is very frustrating as it renders you unable to print any document. If you want to print urgently and face this problem, you will need to use specific backup buttons. It may also be possible that the screen isn’t working because it is damaged or broken beyond repair.
In such a case, you have no other option than to give your printer for repair. In this article, you will find the causes behind a malfunctioning touch screen and ways to fix it.
Why is the HP Printer Display Not Working?
Various reasons can lead to this issue. Here are a few of the more likely candidates.
- The wrong internal configuration is impacting your HP printer touchscreen.
- The touch screen may not respond due to physical damage. The print screen key might cease working if your system has a damaged or outdated keyboard driver installed.
Troubleshooting for HP Printer Touchscreen Not Working
By now, you must have a greater awareness of this problem. Let us learn about the various ways to fix this issue.
Power cycle your printer.
Power cycling is an effective strategy to resolve glitches with printing devices. To do a power cycle, abide by these steps.
- Turn off the printer and take out the cables from it.
- Also, disconnect any attached cables and accessories.
- Press the ‘Power’ button for 20 seconds and hold it for the same duration.
- If the printer doesn’t respond, unplug the cord from its outlet.
- After about 60 seconds, turn on your printing device.
- Check if its display is working.
Get new printer drivers.
If the printer drivers in your system are outdated, you will notice the HP printer touchscreen not responding. So, the corrective measure would be to install the latest printer driver.
- Navigate to the official HP customer support page.
- It is support.hp.com.
- Here, click the ‘Printers’ symbol.
- In the Software & Drivers screen, you will find a search section.
- Enter the name of your product and tap ‘Submit.
- In the next screen, select your operating system and its version.
- Tap ‘Submit.’
- The HP website will find suitable drivers for your printer.
- Install them into your system.
- Restart the computer to override the previous driver files.
Update your HP printer firmware.
If the firmware of your printer isn’t updated correctly, you will find your HP printer touchscreen not working. Printer firmware can be updated through the HP Smart app or directly from the printer. Here’s how to perform both of these procedures.
Firmware update using the HP Smart App
- Access the HP Smart app from your PC.
- Create an account if you don’t have one yet, or sign in to an existing account.
- Now, on the app’s home screen, choose the printer whose firmware you wish to update.
- If you don’t find your printer, tap ‘Add Printer’ and let the HP Smart app find it.
- Head to the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Here, choose ‘Printer Home Page (EWS)’ or ‘Advanced Settings.’
- Hit ‘Web Services’ or ‘Tools.’
- After that, tap ‘Product Update’ or ‘Printer Updates.’
- Finally, tap ‘Check now.’
- The HP Smart app will install available firmware updates for your printer.
Firmware update directly from the printer
- This is suitable for those who have linked their printer to Ethernet or Wi-Fi.
- On the Control Panel of your printer, hit the ‘Settings’ menu.
- Choose ‘Tools’ followed by ‘Printer update.’
- Now, tap ‘Check for updates’ or a relevant option to install the firmware updates on your printer.
Fix the frozen screen problem.
Is your HP printer screen frozen? Here’s a small procedure you can follow to fix this issue.
- Turn off your printer and take out its power cord.
- Now wait for three minutes and plug it in.
- Turn on your printer and see if the issue persists.
Find whether the touchscreen has an internal issue
You may be following the wrong troubleshooting if your printer’s touchscreen has an internal problem. Testing it is the only way to determine why is HP printer display not working.
Follow these pointers to examine the screen.
- Find the ‘Hash’ and ‘Copy’ buttons on the keypad.
- Hold and press these buttons.
- You will see a dot coming at the top-left part of the screen.
- At this point, release the ‘Hash’ and ‘Copy’ keys.
- Now, touch the dot and find out if the edges of the screen are responsive.
- Keep tapping the dots at different parts.
- If this process completes, it means the touchscreen has an internal issue.
Fix the defective power cord.
Sometimes, you may find the HP printer touchscreen not responding because of a faulty power cord. If this is the case, the printer will get an inadequate power supply.
You will see the touchscreen error on your screen. A good workaround to this is replacing the existing power cord and using a new one. However, ensure to use a power cord that is fully supported by your HP printer model.
Read Also:- HP Printer Supply Memory Error
Contact HP Support
If no matter what you do to fix the display screen of the HP printer works, the best option is to contact the manufacturer’s phone support.
- Head to support.hp.com.
- Here, go to the Contact Us page.
- Tap ‘Continue as guest.’
- Give the serial number of your printer.
- Now, choose the country from the menu.
- Tap the ‘Show Options’ button.
- A web form will appear.
- The case number and phone number fields will fill up automatically.
An unresponsive screen can halt all printing tasks. Hopefully, now you know the best ways to fix your HP printer touchscreen not working issue. Remember to take good care of your screen with screen guards. It will protect your printer from dust. If the issue persists, seek professional help HP Printer support