HP Printers are the most crucial electrical gadget that has made printing, faxing, or scanning tasks much easier and trouble-free. Such a reliable printer product is comprised of outstanding functionalities that meet personal and professional printing desires. However, it is also harsh truth that you cannot print all the time without experiencing any technical glitches. Of course! There will be a time when the HP Printer Paused error status displays in the print queue panel.
It signifies that the print job is paused, and hence this prevents you from printing anything further. No matter, what reason, the printer pauses the printing process, getting it out of the ‘Paused’ status is extensively required. Doing so will enable you to resume the print job without hassle. In this tutorial, we’ve got the fruitful solving guide covered. So, keep an eye on the fixing tips!
Potential Factors That May Lead To HP Printer Paused Error
There are ample reasons why an HP Printer Says Paused and doesn’t take any print commands from your computer. The feasible reasons for the pausing status of a printer are listed beneath. Have a short glance:
- Print Spooler Service is Stopped/Paused.
- Drivers installed against your HP Printer might have gone out-of-date.
- The ‘Pause Printing’ mode is probably enabled on your system.
- The ink cartridge is possibly empty or too low.
- Loads of Print Commands are stuck in the print queue.
- Paper rollers/feeders are dusty which is why the papers cannot pass through the paper path.
Productive Solutions To Instantly Troubleshoot HP Printer Paused Error
The document has enlightened fixing tips and techniques for the HP Printer Paused Error to immediately resume the printing process. So, to remove the Paused status and get your printer running again in no time, implement the following course of action. Let’s begin!
1: Disable ‘Pause Printing’
If the option of Pause Printing is enabled on your computer, it suspends the process of your document printing. So, check and ensure it is not activated. Here’s how:
- First, open the Windows Search box and type in “Control Panel.”
- Click on “Control Panel” from the results to open it.
- Now, select the “Hardware and Sounds” tab.
- And, click the “Device and Printers” tab.
- Choose your printer and then in the new pane, its properties will open.
- Now, go to the “Menu” bar and click the “Printer” tab.
- Uncheck the “Pause Printing” option if it is already chosen.
- Now, try printing a test page to ensure it works in solving the HP Printer Paused issue.
If, unfortunately, the printer is stating paused and suspends your printing process, focus on the next solution.
2: Start/Restart The Print Spooler Service
Print Spooler actually allows the documents or images to feed on the printer whenever the Print command is sent. It places the documents to assemble and starts preparing for printing. But, if this service is at ‘Paused’ or ‘Stopped’ mode, your printer will be saying Paused and eventually won’t accept the print command.
So, if this is the case, follow the below-noted steps to begin the Print Spooler Service by putting it in ‘Start’ mode:
- First of all, click on the Windows Start button and search for the “Services” app.
- Now, open the “Services” window.
- Locate the “Printer Spooler” option from the appeared menus.
- Give right-click on the “Print Spooler” tab, and then click on “Stop” to stop the service.
- Now, once again right-click on the service and this time tap “Start” to start/resume the service ASAP.
- In the end, click “Apply” and then “OK” to apply the changes you made.
After restarting your printer spooler service, your HP Printer somehow runs flawlessly and delivers quality printouts.
3: Cancel/Clear All Printer Queue
Several print commands may be stuck inside the printer of your print queue. This can be the potential reason resulting in the HP Printer Saying Paused error. In such a scenario, you need to clear all your printer commands by performing the following steps:
- First, open the “Control Panel” window.
- Next, click on the “Devices and Printers” tab.
- From the full list of installed printers, find your HP Printer.
- Once you get it, place a right-click on the icon of your “HP Printer.”
- Then, opt for the “See what’s printing” option.
- Now, from the top, press the “Printers” tab.
- Finally, give a hit on “Cancel all documents.”
This is it! Now, you can send fresh print commands one by one to your selected document for smooth print.
For Windows 10 or 11 Operators
Skip the above guidelines and follow the beneath-noted steps if you are a Windows 10/11 user:
- Press the “Windows logo + I” keys altogether to evoke Windows Settings.
- Tap on “Bluetooth & devices.”
- Select the “Printers & scanners” tab.
- Choose the printer you use currently from the given list.
- Now, click on “Open print queue.”
- Click the three horizontal dots located on the right-hand side of your printer.
- First, click on the “Resume all” tab to check if it works in fixing HP Printer Paused.
- If it does not work, simply, click on the “Cancel All” tab to clear all the stuck print commands.
- You will receive a prompt, click “Yes” for confirmation to clear all the printing tasks.
Your entire stalled printing queue has now been cleared from top-to-toe. Hence, begin to print!
4: Manually Resume Your Printer
If your printer goes to the ‘Paused’ mode every time you attempt to print your document, do not fret! Try to manually resume the print job. Here’s how:
- On your Windows PC, locate the printer icon you use.
- Double-tap on the printer to modify the settings.
- On your “Printer Settings” window, you will see the list of documents that are printing.
- You will notice a few printing tasks are in a “Paused” state.
- Instantly give right-click on the “Paused” printing task and then select the “Resume” tab to begin the printing process.
- This way, you can quickly sort out your printer paused problem.
5: Reinstall Printer Driver
One of the easiest and highly recommended ways to eradicate HP Printer Paused Error is uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers of your printer. Here’s the productive procedure to do so:
Uninstall HP Printer Device
- Press the “Windows logo” + “X” keys altogether to evoke the list of installed apps on your Windows.
- Now, select the “Device Manager” tab to open it up on your Windows.
- Click on the “Print Queue” tab to expand it.
- Now, from the list of devices, choose your HP Printer and right-click on it.
- Then, simply select “Uninstall device”
- For confirmation of an uninstalling process, click the “Uninstall” button.
- Now, close the Device Manager window and restart your computer right away.
Reinstall HP Printer
- Open a web browser that you routinely use for site accessible.
- Browse the official HP website.
- Go to the “Downloading” section.
- Type the name of your printer and its model number.
- Hit the “Enter” key.
- From the appeared list of results, opt for the compatible and recently launched printer driver.
- Hit the “Download” button to begin downloading.
- Follow the prompts to successfully download and install the drivers for your printer in your computer system.
Read Also:-HP printer in error state
Advanced Troubleshooting Guide For HP Printer Paused Error
If you implemented all the above-mentioned fixing methods but still the HP Printer Says Paused, don’t get disappointed! Following is the advanced guide you need to try at once:
- Clean the paper feed rollers of your HP Printer product.
- Do not use a damaged cable or defective USB port.
- Make sure the toner cartridge is not faulty.
Fix HP Printer Paused Issue Within a Pinch Via HP Printer 24/7 Support
The aforementioned troubleshooting solutions are tried and tested, so they are much more effective in solving your HP Printer Paused error issue. In case, you do not find a suitable fix with these recommended tricks, feel free to consult HP Printer 24/7 Support.
The executives are well trained and immensely qualified to find the root cause of any printing problem and give you a proper fix to your doorstep. Therefore, after communicating with the talented deft connoisseurs, you can resume your print tasks in no time.