Whether you want to print business docs or family photos, HP Printer should always be the prior choice. With its sleek and portable design, it lets you have amazing printing experiences as it is user-friendly and the most promising device. But, there are instances; you would like to end up spending more time in the printing function. It happens because HP Printer Not Feeding Paper from the tray. While printing, your printer will be making noise but sadly, no paper will load. Maybe the feeder gets crooked or is accumulated dust particles.
Don’t feel disheartened! If your printer stops picking up/feeding the paper or says ‘Out of Paper’ during the print job. We’ve got the productive resolution guide covered for you in the blog post. All you need is to continue reading from top-to-toe.
Read Also:- Why Is My Hp Printer Won’t Print Black
Why Is My HP Printer Not Feeding Paper From The Input Tray?
There can be malicious factors responsible for HP Printer Not Taking Paper from the feeder. Here’s the list of possible causes:
- Polluted paper rollers
- Incorrect paper size
- Insufficient paper loaded in the tray
- Unaligned paper sheets
- Cheap/Low graded paper is probably inserted
- Damaged paper feeder/roller
- Maybe using too thick paper in the printer which is hard for the rollers to feed.
- The paper tray is somehow overfilled.
Troubleshooting Tips To Solve HP Printer Not Feeding Paper Problem
Some useful troubleshooting tips are enumerated underneath. So, if an HP Printer Will Not Feed Paper, start working your way up through these solutions to fix your problem. Let’s implement!
Tips 1: Check The Condition Of The Paper
The print jobs actually depend on the quality of the paper. So, if the paper loaded in the tray is torn, smudged, wrinkled, or folded, you can experience Printer Not Taking Paper HP issue. In such a scenario, you have to give a glimpse of the paper’s condition. Here’s what to consider:
- First and foremost, carefully remove the stack of paper from the input tray.
- Then, use a flashlight to examine any obstacles inside the paper tray. Make sure there is no paper blockage because small pieces of paper left inside the rollers can cause paper feeding problems.
- Now, check your paper for not being curled or ceased. Replace the ripped paper with the plain white A-4-sized fresh and straight one.
- Also, ensure that all the paper in the stack is of the same size and type. Avoid loading various types of paper in the tray.
- Make sure the stack of paper is neither lesser than 10 sheets nor more than 25 sheets.
- Once you have completely checked the paper condition, try to reload the paper appropriately.
Tips 2: Deep Cleaning The Rollers
Implement the below-noted steps to clean the paper feeder or roller:
- First, turn off the paper and disconnect the power cord.
- Now, press the latch on the access door and then pull out the door to remove the paper tray.
- Now, use a lint-free cloth moistened with bottled water only.
- Wipe the rubber paper-feed rollers using such cloth. During cleaning, slightly rotate the rollers upward with your fingertips to clean all the way around.
- Also, clean the paper pick roller with a cotton swab moistened with distilled water. Apply a moderate amount of pressure to ensure you remove all garbage and clean the roller thoroughly.
- Make sure that the roller in the printer is neat & clean and is absolutely good in condition.
- Now, let the rollers completely dry, and then replace the rear access door.
- Slide the left side of the door into place, and then gently push the door until it snaps into place.
- In the end, try to reconnect the power cord to the rear end of the printer and turn your printer back on.
Hope, this solves your HP Printer Not Feeding Paper problem. But, if still the same issue remains, continue following the next fixing guide.
Tips 3: Perform a Hard Reset
Resetting an HP Printer is a one-stop remedy for any minor problems. So, if your printer doesn’t feed paper, then simply perform a reset. Here’s how:
- First, deactivate your HP Printer.
- Then, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cables from the wall outlet.
- Now, leave your printer to be turned off for 15-20 seconds.
- Plug the power cable back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to your printer.
- And then, press the Power button to activate your printer.
- Now, print a document to ensure the ‘out of paper’ error message is disappeared.
Tips 4: Modify The Paper Settings
Check out the paper size of the document or file you attempted to print. Make sure the size matches the paper settings adjusted in the print driver. Otherwise, your printer won’t take any paper. Here’s how you can adjust the paper settings in no time:
- First, open the document on your computer.
- Now, go to the “File” menu, and then click the “Print” tab.
- The Print Properties dialog box will appear.
- Now, you can see numerous options beneath the Features or Paper/Quality tab.
- Click the tab that leads you to paper type and size settings.
- From the “Type” drop-down button, select the paper type that matches the paper loaded in the printer.
- From the “Size” drop-down list, select the paper size that matches the paper inside the printer.
- Make proper adjustments accordingly.
- Once the settings are correctly modified, hit the “OK” tab
- Again, press the “OK” button to print the document.
Tips 5: Make Sure Print Spooler Service Is Enabled
Print Spooler is strongly liable for storing the print jobs in the Windows system. If this service is not running, your printer will not pick up any paper when printing. So, follow the below steps to activate the print spooler service:
- First, open the Windows Search box.
- Now, type in “services.msc”
- Then, click on “Services” from the results to open this app.
- Locate “Print Spooler” and make sure it is running. If it is not, give right-click on this service and choose the “Start” tab.
Read Also:- Why Hp Printer Saying Offline
HP Printer 24×7 Online Support For HP Printer Not Feeding Paper
After implementing the aforesaid solutions, HP Printer Not Feeding Paper problem might have been resolved. The printer is perhaps now producing good quality printouts with no longer saying out of paper. But, if unfortunately, the issue yet persists, consult our HP Printer Support team. The qualified technicians are proficient enough to tackle your printer problems. So, feel free to dial the helpline number and be in touch with them for further assistance.