HP Printer is the most suited product for quality printing, scanning, faxing, and copying documents or images. However, like other devices, HP Printer is also prone to tech errors. A couple of times, many users confront HP Printer Not Copying documents or pictures but fortunately the printer prints perfectly.
Even after so much strenuous effort the printer is still not copying the documents as it should be. Relax! We’ve got the effectual troubleshooting techniques covered. Just walk through the post from top-to-top and learn what to implement to fix the printer not copying issue.
Why Is My HP Printer Not Copying Anything Appropriately?
The copied documents or photos might have an unsatisfactory quality which is an outrageous scenario for anybody. Although HP Printer Won’t Copy is a common issue, detecting the actual reason behind it is a daunting job. Beneath, we’ll show you why your printer stops copying anything. Thus, give a glimpse of the list of causes:
- Empty or low ink cartridges.
- Insufficient power supply to your HP Printer device.
- Accumulation of dirt on HP Printer copy scanner.
- Inappropriate HP Printer Copy Settings.
Possible Issues One Can Experience During Copying Document
Here’s the relevant list of errors to be encountered anytime while copying photos or documents with an HP Printer:
- Copied documents are shown in black or are completely unclear.
- Copies are either small or too large.
- Wrong colors are possibly consumed on the copied paper.
- The text is somehow blurry or difficult to read.
- Might be getting blank copies.
- The copier is not working properly,
Prolific Solutions To Fix HP Printer Not Copying Issue In No Time
HP Printer Will Not Copy and probably copy function doesn’t work with accuracy because of any of the above-enumerated reasons. Once you find the actual cause leading to the printer won’t copy issue, fixing the procedure will be straightforward. Here are the most effective troubleshooting tips you should try to get rid of your copying issue. Let’s implement!
1: Reload The Paper
If the copies are too large or too small, it means the wrong paper size is inserted into the HP Printer product. In such a circumstance, all you are required to perform is to reload the plain white paper using the correct A-4 size. After doing so the printer will soon detect the correct paper size while you copy documents and hence copy job will easily be done.
Go through the following course of action:
- Slightly take out the paper stack from the input tray.
- Reload the correct size paper, making sure the paper width gently rests against the edges of the stack.
- If a message displays on your HP Printer control panel to confirm the paper type and size, touch “OK” if the size is correct. Otherwise, touch “Change or Modify” to change it accordingly.
HP Printer Not Copying error can be resolved after your correct paper size is loaded into the paper tray. If still your printer fails to copy the document, jump to the next fixing guide.
2: Modify The Copy Size Settings
To copy anything in a precise manner, proper adjustment of copy and paper size settings is extremely required. From the printer control panel menu, you can enlarge or reduce the size of copies. Here’s how:
- In the beginning, touch “Copy”, “Copy Document”, or “Copy Photo” on your printer control panel.
- Thereafter, select any available basic settings that would be relevant to your copy job.
- Next, touch “Settings” or the “Gear” icon to open the copy job options.
- Slightly scroll to access and change the copy settings according to your need.
- In the end, click “Save Current Settings” or “Set as New Defaults” to retain the settings for future copy jobs.
Also Read:-HP Printer Not Scanning
3: Reset The HP Printer
Resetting the printer is the ultimate solution to any printer-related issues including HP Printer Won’t Copy documents faultlessly. Thus, reset the printer by performing the below-noted steps:
- With your HP printer turned on, safely disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Take out the USB cable from the source about power.
- Wait 60 seconds or a couple of minutes.
- Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and your printer product.
- Now, turn on the printer to complete the reset and hence recover your printer from errors or copy failure issues.
4: Clean The Scanner Glass
Accumulation of dust, debris, or smudges on the scanner glass or in the document feeder can cause the HP Printer Not Scanning error. If this is the case, clean the scanner glass or parts with a lint-free soft cloth. Here’s how:
- First, turn off your HP Printer.
- Safely disconnect the power cord from the printer product.
- Now, carefully open the cover lid and document feeder tray.
- Remove any debris such as bits of paper or paper clips from inside the document feeder.
- Now, soak a soft, lint-free cloth with glass cleaner.
- Wipe the scanner glass and the white strip underneath the document feeder until clean, dry, and streak-free.
- Now, close the covers and trays that you opened.
- Reconnect the power cord to your printer and wall outlet.
- Finally, turn on your HP Printer and begin to copy a document without hassle.
5: Check The Ink Cartridges
If your printer runs out of genuine ink or low ink/toner is installed in the cartridges, for sure, you will face HP Printer Not Copying issue. Furthermore, low/empty cartridges can badly impact the copy quality. So, checking the ink levels routinely and ensuring adequate ink is available will be your one-stop solution.
Advanced Rectification Tips To Quickly Solve HP Printer Not Copying
- Always prefer plain white A-4-sized paper for fluent photocopying.
- If you attempt to copy a paper of letter size, the layout should be “With Border” and the document size to “Letter.”
- To copy a photo, adjust the Layout to “Borderless” or “With Border” and also set the Document Size to the actual size of your loaded paper.
- Make sure your HP Printer is set as Default Printer.
- Removing and Reinstalling the HP Printer Software and Drivers.
- Make sure the original document or picture is of clear quality.
Eradicate HP Printer Not Copying Error Via 24×7 Online HP Printer Support
The HP Printer Not Copying error has possibly been resolved just after making the appropriate implementation of the aforementioned troubleshooting solutions.
Hopefully! You got suitable solving tips and tricks. If your printer, unfortunately, doesn’t copy the document yet, don’t feel disheartened! We have deft connoisseurs for 24×7 Online HP Printer Support at a reasonable rate. Simply, contact our tech-savvy team via the round-the-clock helpline number and get the copy issue fixed within a minute. Unplug the USB cable from the power source.