The lines being missed or certain dots left blank while printing with an HP Printer could be troublesome. HP Printer Missing Lines When Printing problem usually arises if the printhead nozzles are clogged or the ink is dried up on the nozzle. Furthermore, you probably didn’t remove the protective seals before attempting to install the new ink cartridge. However, the printer will not be of much use if it prints only other lines or skips certain lines. Eventually, you will receive poor-quality printouts after giving the Print command to your document.
In the blog post, we’ve got the productive fixes covered to aid you in quickly and efficiently annihilating this issue. So, simply, walk through the provided course of action and implement it accordingly.
Potential Reasons For HP Printer Missing Lines When Printing
The list of the most feasible causes for the HP Printer Missing Lines problem is noted-down. Let’s have a short glimpse:
- Dirty/Damaged Printheads
- The Nozzle of the cartridges is possibly blocked
- The lines are missing on the printouts because of the color mixing of your printer’s ink.
- Printhead is not aligned appropriately in the HP Printer.
- Print Quality is set to low.
- Incorrect paper thickness in the printer settings.
- Maybe your printer is running out of a specific color cartridge.
- If the ink cartridge is covered with the protective seal and you try to install it.
When there is a missing line on the printed paper, it means your HP Printer Not Printing Colors Correctly. All you need to do is to check the printhead nozzles and if necessary clean them out thoroughly. Moreover, you can replace your printer’s print heads for quality printouts.
Troubleshooting Tips To Solve HP Printer Missing Lines When Printing Problem
Now that you know why HP Printer Skipping Lines while printing. You can begin to rectify the missing lines error which is straightforward. Let’s try the easy fixes right away!
Solution 1: Clean The PrintHead
Your first resolution step should be cleaning the printer’s printhead thoroughly. You can use the Printer Head Cleaning Tool to remove the entire dust particles. You will often find this tool under the “Maintenance” tab on your HP Printer device. The printhead can also be cleaned manually by taking it out and using a soft wet cloth for sanitization. Here’s what to perform:
- First, disconnect the printer from the electrical outlet.
- Now, open the cover of your HP Printer.
- Slightly, remove each ink cartridge and clean the printhead contacts using the dampened cotton cloth.
- Now, reinsert the print cartridges and plug in your printer to the wall outlet.
- Switch on your printer and start printing a test sheet to see if this solves your HP Printer Skipping Lines When Printing issue.
Solution 2: Remove The Black Toner Cartridge
Sometimes your HP Printer Won’t Print Black or the respective lines are missing on the printed documents. In such a scenario, all you have to do is carefully take out the black ink cartridge from your HP Printer and place it somewhere with the nozzle facing up. Leave it in the same position for a couple of hours. Doing this will deplete the dried-up ink & unclog the nozzle completely.
Here’s the stepwise instruction to follow:
- First, make sure your printer is turned off.
- Now, up-lift the front access door of your device.
- Gently, take the black ink cartridge out of its place.
- Now, slightly close the lid of the access door.
- After that, put that black ink cartridge on a paper sheet.
- Make sure the nozzle is kept upward-facing.
- Leave the cartridge as it is for almost a couple of hours.
- Now, reinsert the black ink cartridge into the printer and try printing a test page.
Solution 3: Align The PrintHead/Cartridges Correctly
To enhance the print quality by resolving HP Printer Missing Lines When Printing, you need to check the alignment of the ink cartridges. Make sure the cartridges are aligned appropriately in the HP Printer. Here’s how to check and make it correct:
- Switch on your HP Printer
- Then, open the Printer’s control panel.
- Go to the “Settings” or “Tools” menu.
- Select the option “Align Cartridges”, “Align Printhead”, or “Print an Alignment Page.”
- Now, you will be prompted to scan the page.
- So, lift the scanner lid and place the alignment test page on the scanner.
- Line up the alignment sheet properly.
- And then, close the Scanner lid and hit the “OK” button.
- Now, your printer will scan the alignment page and realign the cartridges as it is highly required.
Solution 4: Check The Cartridges For Low or Dry Ink
The lines will be missing on the printout if the ink is low/empty/dry. So, you are extensively recommended to check each cartridge for the presence of a proper and accurate level of ink. However, the printer itself provides the error or warning in case of low ink in the container. You can even check the ink level manually. Here’s how:
- First, open the access door of your printer cartridge.
- Take out all the ink cartridges.
- Examine the quantity of ink.
- If the printer has a low ink cartridge, replace it with a new compatible, and genuine ink cartridge.
∙Now, perform the printing task to check for the solution of the HP Printer Missing Lines on the print issue.
Solution 5: Confirm The Correct Paper Specifications
The wrong paper specification in the printer’s settings will result in the missing lines error. So, always make sure the paper thickness and other specifications match the settings panel. If there is any mismatch, make it correct.
Also, you need to check the paper that is loaded in the paper tray for compatibility. If the paper is not compatible or your HP Printer Is Not Feeding Paper, replace it with the new one that fulfills the paper requirements.
Solution 6: Perform A Hard Reset
Performing a hard reset will resolve the missing lines error on the print. So, let’s try the below-noted steps to do so:
- First, remove entire ink cartridges and then strive to perform a hard reset on your HP Printer.
- With the turned-on printer, disconnect the power cord from the rear end of the printer. Also, unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove the USB cable, if you use a wired connection for your printer.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes.
- Now, press and hold the “Power” button on your printer for at least 30-35 seconds to drain any additional charge.
- Now, plug the power cable back in straight to a wall outlet without any extension cord.
- And then, plug the power cord back into the printer.
- Now, turn on your printer and wait till the printer is idle.
- Now, insert the entire ink cartridge properly and then attempt to print a test page to check if it works.
HP Printer 24×7 Online Support For HP Printer Missing Lines When Printing
The one-stop solution to HP Printer Missing Lines When Printing error contains unclogging the printhead nozzles, cleaning the ink cartridges, removing the black ink or color ink, and checking for the correct paper specifications. Finally, using the above-stated guide you got success in eradicating the missing lines issue of the print.
If you still want advanced troubleshooting tricks for your printer prints with the missing lines problem, feel free to consult us. Our tech-savvy engineers will serve quality and affordable HP Printer 24×7 Online Support to your doorstep.