The HP Printer Filter Failed error signifies that the filter of your printer is not compatible with the version of your Windows or Mac operating system. As a result, you will not be able to use your printer for quality printouts. When trying to print out any PDF files or documents, you can see an error message that states “Stopped Filter Failed” or “Filter Failure.” This will display on your printer’s screen. Furthermore, you will be prevented from printing your desired documents.
However, reinstalling the driver, resetting the printer, and modifying the paper settings will be your one-stop resolution to this issue. In this tutorial, we will walk you through each solving method one by one. So, feast your eyes and make implementations until the filter failure error gets resolved from the root.
What Does The HP Printer Filter Failed Error Mean?
The filter usually transforms the data into the most suitable format so that the printer can easily read and serve quality printouts. But, if for any reason, the Filter Failed On HP Printer, your file will not be converted into a specific data format. As a result, your printer will not properly examine the file format of your material and hence throws the filter failure error on your Windows or Mac PC.
Symptoms of HP Printer Filter Failed Issue
- Your printer will not work as it should.
- Blurred/faded printouts receive.
Reasons For Encountering HP Printer Filter Failed Issue
During your print job, you can receive an error Filter Failed On HP Printer. Multiple reasons would be responsible for this particular issue.
Check out the list of most feasible causes:
- The drivers you installed against your HP Printer are corrupt or outdated.
- Inappropriate paper settings may also be resulting in the HP Printer Filter Failed Error.
- The Printer Sharing option is possibly disabled on your Windows/Mac computer.
Different Methods To Rectify HP Printer Filter Failed Error In No Time
Beneath, we’ve got the top-to-toe solving methods covered to instantly resolve HP Printer Error Filter Failed issue. So, don’t panic whenever your printer stops recognizing the file format of your content just because of a filter failure issue. Simply, try each of the following provided workarounds and see which one fixes your problem. Let’s get started!
Method 1: Reinstall/Update The Printer Driver
An accurate reinstallation of your printer driver will be a one-stop solution to the HP Printer Filter Failed error. All you need to do is to remove the already installed driver and download the latest released HP Printer driver via its official site. Afterward, you need to perform the on-screen prompted directives to get the most recent version of the driver successfully installed.
If still want advanced guidance to eradicate your printer’s faulty filter by reinstalling the driver, implement the following course of action:
- Place a single tap on the “System Information”
- Then, go to the “Printers” option.
- Now, you can see the list of installed drivers.
- Afterward, remove the HP Device that you think is causing the problem.
- Re-add the printer to your Windows desktop.
- Download and install the current version of the drivers for your HP printer.
Method 2: Turn On The Sharing Option
Enabling the Sharing option located in the System Settings on your Windows PC will lead you to connect your printer and computer. To land on this setting, simply open the Control Panel. Here’s the procedure to follow:
- First, press the Windows Start button and select the “Control Panel”
- After that, choose the “System Preferences” option from the menu bar.
- Then, from the drop-down, select “Sharing.”
- Enter your printer’s name to connect it to your system.
- Once the devices are connected, click the “Exit” button.
Now, restart your computer to ensure that the changes you’ve made come into effect.
Method 3: Modify The Paper Settings
Incorrect settings of the paper can also be the one feasible reason for HP Printer Filter Failed. That’s why you are also recommended to modify the paper settings by previewing the document you are willing to print. Here’s how:
- First and foremost, from the PDF file, open the “Main Menu” dialog box.
- Next, go to the “Preview” section to see the PDF.
- Now, click on the “File” menu and then select the “Save…” option.
- Afterward, a file format dialog box will appear on the screen. Choose the “TIFF” option from the drop-down menu.
- Now, give an instant click on the “Pixels/inch” button to open the “Resolution” window.
- Now, type “600” in the blank area.
- Click the “Save” tab to apply the changes.
- Now, go to the “File” menu and then to “Export…”
- Again, choose the “TIFF” option from the “Format” dialog box.
- Uncheck the “Alpha” box and then hit the “Save” button.
- Now, choose the “File” option and then click the “Print” command to begin the print job.
Make sure to opt for the accurate paper size and dimensions before attempting to print.
Method 4: Reboot Your HP Printer
Giving an instant reboot to the printer itself would be the blue-chip way to get rid of the HP Printer Filter Failed Error. Wherein, it is possible that your printer has internal technical glitches. So, strive to disconnect the internet and cancel all the pending print commands.
Wait for a while after switching off your printer. Turn your printer back on at least after giving it 5-10 minutes.
Method 5: Check Your Network
Sometimes, simple internet issues create loads of trouble in the print job. So, make sure the internet connection with your device is highly strong; otherwise uncommon problems will undoubtedly arise.
Check the speed of the internet and if it is poor or unstable, fix it on your own. Here’s what to implement:
- Discard the hindrances between your printer and Wi-Fi router.
- If other devices are connected to your router, immediately disconnect them.
- Check your LAN wire for defective or loose.
I hope these solutions are helpful!
How Can I Troubleshoot The HP Printer Filter Failed Error On Mac?
If your HP Printer is connected to a Mac computer and suddenly the filter of your printer shows failure, reset the settings. You only need to navigate to the System Preferences on your Apple device.
❖▪Reset Your HP Printer’s Settings
Here’s the comprehensive guide for resetting the printer settings with no hassle. Let’s follow:
- First of all, click on the “Apple” icon.
- Then, select the “System Preferences” tab.
- Now, from the “Preferences” menu, click on either of these options “Print and Scan” or “Print and Fax”.
- Now, from the given list of printers, click on the blank text box to get the “Reset Printing” option.
- Now, you can see the “Reset” option in the confirmation dialogue box. Give it a single click on it.
- Now, sign in as an “Admin” account using the correct login credentials.
- Then, click the “OK” tab.
- Wait until the system restarts and then you will see no devices are available in the “Printers” list.
- Now, go back to the “System Preferences” section.
- Make a selection of the “Printers and Scanners” option.
- Click on the “Add (+)” button in the “Printers and Scanners” menu.
- Now, a list of all available printers will display. Choose your HP device by giving a click on it.
- After you’ve successfully added your HP Printer to your Mac computer, click the “Print Using…” button.
- Now, by default, the “AirPrint” option will be selected.
Once the HP Printer Settings have reset from top-to-toe, you can feel free to use your printer to print. You will probably not be getting the error Filter Failed On HP Printer on your Mac device.
Solve An HP Printer Filter Failed Error At HP Printer 24/7 Support
Hopefully! We have provided you with the productive solving methods to shortly eradicate the HP Printer Filter Failed error. The above-listed bits of information probably make you understand why it happens and what to implement to sort it out. But, in case, you still need additional technical aid from qualified specialists, reach out to HP Printer Support. Frequently share your problem with us and grab quick fixes to your doorstep.