Hp Printer Won’t Print Black can happen due to improper installation of the ink cartridge or many other factors. Being the most used Printer HP Printer also undergoes many situations where it creates problems, and not printing black is one of them. In this situation, the printer prints all other colors except black, which makes the printing worse. Sometimes, the entire document is of black colors, like docs written in PDFs, so the paper comes out without any print. In this blog, we will enlighten the same issue, explain its reasons, and solve it with troubleshooting methods. First, start with the reasons.
Read Also: Why Hp Printer Is Offline
Why won’t My HP Printer Print Black Ink?
Your HP printer won’t print black for several reasons, including the following:
- There could be insufficient or no ink in the black ink cartridge.
- The printhead might be out of alignment or clogged.
- The printer may be having communication issues.
- A setting on the printer might be incorrect.
- The paper might be the wrong type or too thick.
After getting about the reasons for your query about why my printer won’t print black ink HP, let’s move to the solution part.
Solutions for HP Printer Won’t Print Black Issue
Solution 1: Try the Basic Approaches
In this, we will perform the basic approaches that can fix my hp printer won’t print black issues for many users. These are the following:
Execute a Full Power Cycle
When your HP printer is not printing color black, then you can perform a full power cycle on your printer before moving to further solutions. In this, turn off the HP Printer and then unplug the power cable. Wait for a while, plug the printer power cable into a power source, and then turn on the printer again. If you see the issue is resolved, go with the printing; if not, perform the second solution.
Print a Test Page
In this approach, we will print a test page to check the printer’s performance and view why the HP printer won’t print black. You will find an option on the printer’s screen, such as “Quality Diagnostic Report.”
Check Cartridge Levels
When you try to print something, and the cartridge’s ink levels are low, it might occasionally display this error. So check to see if your cartridges are full or low on ink, refill them, and then try printing again.
Check Cartridge Installation
The HP Printer won’t print black when the cartridges in the printer need to be appropriately configured. Therefore, to fix it, ensure the cartridge is set up correctly; if it isn’t, fix it before attempting to print.
Although if your cartridges really aren’t empty, there could be another, less obvious problem causing the printer to fail to print black. If all other options have been exhausted, replace all of your printer cartridges to try to solve the problem.
Solution 2: Clean Printhead
You must clean the printer printhead for more ink efficiency when the HP Printer won’t print black. Following are the steps to clean it.
Manually Clean Printhead
- First;y, begin by turning off and unplugging your HP printer from the power source.
- Secondly, remove the ink cartridges from the printer by opening the lid.
- After that, dampen a damp cloth or cotton swab lightly with warm water.
- Next, gently wipe down the printhead nozzles to remove any dried ink or debris.
- While the printer turns off and unplugged, clean any stubborn residue with an alcohol-soaked cotton swab.
- Now, replace the ink cartridges and replace the lid.
- Afterward, reconnect the printer and then turn it on.
- When the printer is ready, try to print the paper in black and white to check for the issue.
Automatic Printhead Cleaning
- First, press the Windows + R keys to get the Run command.
- Then, type Control Panel in the given field and click OK.
- Now, choose Hardware from the control panel.
- After that, choose Devices and Printers.
- Next, select and right-click on your Printer and choose Properties.
- Go to the Services tab.
- Now, choose Printer Services.
- In the last, click on Clean Printheads.
Solutions 3: Printer Troubleshoot
Identifying and resolving problems with printers or other printing devices is known as printer troubleshooting. It entails specifying the issue, looking into potential fixes, and choosing the best course of action to address the problem. Various tools and methods may be used during this process, including updating drivers, running hardware tests, and checking system settings. Use it and fix the HP Printer won’t print black issue:
- In the first step, right-click on Windows Start.
- Then, choose Settings.
- After that, choose Update and Security.
- Now, choose the Troubleshoot option.
- In the next step, choose the Printer under Get Up and Running.
- In the end, click on Run to begin the troubleshooting procedure.
Solution 4: Check Driver Settings
Your HP printer won’t print black for various reasons, including the HP Printer Drivers. This problem with your HP Printer occurs when the drivers are not updated. Try updating the drivers, then. The steps are as follows:
- Firstly, go to the Windows Start menu.
- Then, look for and launch the Device Manager.
- Now, from the list of available devices, select your printer, which connects and displays the error.
- After that, right-click on the Printer and select Update Driver Software or Update Driver from the menu that appears.
- Finally, click on Search automatically, and your HP Printers driver will update quickly.
Read Also: Why Is HP Printer In Error State
We know when the HP Printer is not printing black, it decreases the printing quality, and you get a bad printout. As black is the essential color of printing, whenever your HP Printer won’t print black, you can follow the above solutions and get it fixed. The solution processes are manageable; you need technical knowledge, but some solutions should be performed carefully, like printhead cleaning. If you have any Printer issues or face the same, contact our Printer Technical Experts to get your printer back to work. Thank You