HP Printer Drivers are software programs that allow your HP printer to communicate with your operating system. They are essential for your printer to function properly. Without an HP printer driver, your printer will not be able to print, scan, or fax. Printer drivers allow your printer to be configured and controlled from your computer, as well as recognize the paper size and type you are using. But sometimes, these HP Printer Driver is Unavailable for Windows 10 and other versions. This makes for the user to print any document. With this blog, we are going to enlighten this issue and provide you with solutions that can easily fix it. Let’s first start with the reasons.
Read Also: Why Hp Printer In Error State
Why Is HP Printer Driver Is Unavailable?
Your drivers of HP printers can be unavailable due to the following reasons:
- There is no internet connection for the printer.
- The operating system and the printer drivers are incompatible.
- Inadequate installation of the printer drivers.
- When your system has outdated printer drivers.
- The operating system and the printer are incompatible.
- The printer’s port configuration is incorrect.
- When the printer and PC are not linked.
- Corrupt printer drivers are present.
- The manufacturer does not offer assistance for the printer.
- The most recent software version is incompatible with the printer.
After knowing about the reasons, let’s move to the solutions that can easily fix it.
HP Printer Driver is Unavailable Fixes
Getting the HP printers to get back isn’t a big task. You can fix the issue with the following solutions:
Solution 1: Update the Hp Printer Drivers
When Windows 10 HP Printer driver is unavailable, it can be due to outdated printer drivers. So to get the drivers working you have to update the drivers with the following steps:
- To begin, hit Windows + I.
- Second, look for the Device Manager and launch it.
- Next, pick your printer from the devices list.
- After that, select Update Driver Software or Update Driver from the context menu of the device.
- Observe the instructions displayed on the screen.
- Start your computer again after the update.
If the issue continues, then you should follow the following solution.
Solution 2: Update Windows
The HP Printer driver is unavailable and issues can occur due to Outdated windows. So to fix the issue you have to update the Windows. When you update Windows to the most recent version, all the drivers are immediately updated. Therefore, perform the following procedures to update Windows and resolve the printer driver is not an accessible issue:
- Press the Windows + I keys to open the Windows Settings in the first step.
- Select Update & Security next.
- Next, select Windows Update.
- Click on Check for Updates after that.
- Click Update if you find any updates.
- Restart the computer after the update.
Solution 3: Disable Firewall
The Windows Firewall makes sure the system is protected against network-based malware and other dangers. Additionally, it stops all suspicious activity; occasionally, it stops the connection with the printer, which is why the HP printer driver is unavailable. Therefore, in order to establish a connection, take the following actions to disable the Windows firewall:
- Open the Windows Security Settings by performing a search in the Windows Start menu.
- Select Firewall & Network Protection next.
- Select a Network Type that says Active after that.
- Turn off the Microsoft Defender Firewall setting now.
- Last but not least, select Yes from User Account Control.
Solution 4: Reinstall HP Printer Drivers
If none of the aforementioned fixes work for you, you can try a clean install, in which we uninstall the HP Printer and install them instead. It will update the HP printer driver software, ensuring flawless printing: the HP printer driver is unavailable. The procedures are as follows:
- Start by accessing Windows Settings.
- Next, select Bluetooth & Devices, followed by Printer & Scanners.
- Next, pick your HP printer and confirm by clicking the Remove button.
- To confirm, select Remove Device from the pop-up.
- The following step is to visit the Device Manager.
- Expand the Printer queues and then use the right mouse button to select your HP printer.
- Afterward, select Uninstall Device.
- Click on Uninstall Device after that.
- Right-click Windows Start next, then select Apps and Features from the menu.
- Now, search for and remove any HP drivers.
- Switch off your computer.
- Review the Settings after that, then select Bluetooth & Devices>> Printers & Scanners.
- Select Add Device to set up your HP printer from scratch.
- Reinstall the most recent HP printer drivers and support software to finish.
Read Also: Why HP Printer Says Offline
The drivers are the essential parts for running the HP Printer smoothly. When the HP Printer driver is unavailable, you can perform the above solutions to fix the issue from your printer. You also get the reasons for your issue, also correct them if you have one of them, or you can face the issue once again. However, if you are still not able to print, then you can contact our Printer Technical Experts to fix the issue. Thank You!